Today, while random chunks of the population were preparing to disappear off the face of the earth, a lot more of us decided to get out and enjoy ourselves. What would make a better Rapture celebration than a beer and burger outing? Exactly… So I went this afternoon with my roommates to one of my favorite Upper West Side Restaurants. Since Chef Andy D’amico opened Nice Matin in 2003 (you can read about it below), the restaurant’s most popular dish was- you got it, the 5 Napkin Burger. Given the dish’s obvious successs, Chef Andy and Simon Oren gave the burger it’s own chance, spawning into five different locations in New York, Boston and Miami. Stop by the 9th Ave. and 45th street location, or the one at 84th and Broadway if you live in Manhattan. My favorite dish? You got it, The Five Napkin Burger. At 14.95, this decadent classic features 10oz. of custom ground beef, caramelized onions, gruyere cheese and rosemary aioli on a soft white roll. Pair the burger with your favorite beer for the perfect Saturday evening treat.
- Oh Rapture! Oh Holy 5 Napkin Burger! (jacoboheme.wordpress.com)
- Best Burger in NYC? (jstoddardfinalblog.wordpress.com)
- Rapture Fizzles After Sponsor Viagra Pulls Out (prbreakfastclub.com)
- Make This: Moist and Healthy Herb Chicken-Tofu Burgers (fitsugar.com)
- The Rapture Defy End of World, Return to DFA With New Album This Fall (spinner.com)